Do you have a happy, healthy homeowners association? Even happy healthy families have their challenges. It’s all a matter of how problems are addressed.
Here’s a list of statements that successful HOAs can make:
- Our meetings are well-attended and productive
- Community information is available to all members, including those who don’t use e-mail.
- At least 85% of association members pay their assessments on time.
- We are saving for known future repairs and replacement.
- Our community is a safe, comfortable place for all.
- We have an audit of our expenses.
- We publish the minutes of our board meetings.
- We’ve had a professional insurance review in the last two years.
- Board service is attractive and respected.
- Neighborhood disagreements are rare, and they are settled quickly and respectfully.
- We are compliant with applicable regulations and filings.
- We have an effective, written format for addressing community problems.
- We get competitive bids for work done.
- Our appearance, common areas, fencing and signage speak well for our community.
- I would recommend our community to a good friend looking for a home or investment.
- I believe our HOA enhances the value of the property in the community.
If this sound like your homeowners association, congratulations! If some areas need improvement, we can help.